Scratch n All Pad (Soft)
The Scratch n All® pad from Animent, is a high-quality, rubber-based grooming pad specifically designed to allow unlimited applications in homes, kennels, stables, barns and even zoos. The pad’s raised nub design is based on curry brushes familiar to all animal owners. Size of each pad is 5″ x 6″ x 1″ and weighs 11 ounces.
Out of stock
In the quest to find the solution to that itch we’ve tried more scratch pads for our animals than we can count hooves and ears in our barns, but all have their down sides. Some are so big you have to faff on with cutting them down to the size you need bending scissors or saws in the process and then you can’t really use the off cuts for anything. Some are so hard that animals risk injury if knocked against them, we’ve seen first-hand the skin splitting damage a too hard scratch pad can cause to the thin skin covering the head. Others while being flexible have lacked durability and worn out in a few months leaving metal fixing exposed and money wasted. Some designs will work for one type of animal but not another and when you want to use more than one you cannot truly connect them, most won’t safely flex round corners and those that do often won’t lay flat on the surfacing allowing them to move about too much, tearing the fixing points. Finding the right scratch pad has been a challenge, but we’re pretty sure we’ve found the solution at long last…
For us the Scratch’ n All offers the very best solution. What makes the Scratch’n All so great:
- They fit just about anywhere and are small enough to be used with any animal of any size;
- They have a unique curved, overlapping system which means there is no straight joined edge to be exposed to excessive wear as each Scratch’n All pad supports the position of the next;
- You can build up a scratching surface across any size area as desired to meet your animal’s needs,
- They can be used flat or on an angled surface as the specially designed V-notch allows them to sit flush on any angled surface up to 90 degrees making them ideal for use on square posts, corners and building frames. When applied flat the V-notch acts as a channel to allow moisture to escape from the back of the pad;
- They are available in two options of flexibility allowing you to offer safe scratching even for sensitive skinned animals;
- Built to last being made from high grade elastomers unlike most that are made from either rigid plastics or soft rubbers which corrode over time and use;
- Brighten your animal’s living space with visual stimulation by creating patterns as they come in a variety of colours;
- Scratch’n All pads have a higher number of quills per inch than conventional scratch pads;
- Built in recessed fixing points so that hardware sits lower than the surface of the pad and is less likely to catch on hair and skin;
- Remains stable at very high and very low temperatures;
- Suitable for all animals, from equine to exotics;
- US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) compliant for use
For small animals such as goats, sheep and pigs(and even dogs), 1 to 2 may suffice. For larger animals such as horses and cows, a minimum of 2 is suggested. You’ll want to consider the amount of scratching area that your animal(s) may require and the structures your animals may already be using round your yard and barn. The advantage with the Scratch N All is that the 4-sided interlocking feature means you can start with one or two pads and as you observe your animals using them add additional pads if required over time to build a grid to satisfy your animal’s needs.
Their flexibility means you can mount them just about anywhere but if your animals already have a favour spot on a building or surface to scratch on you can prevent additional damage to your structure by simply mounting the pads in this high use area, if you have more than one animal in an enclosure i.e. cattle in a barn, mounting a couple of the pads in several areas encourages animals make better use of the space and ensures no one dominates the scratching place. For cats we find simply having one on the floor is enough for them to use it and for birds and other exotics you can try smearing your scratch n all with soft fruits to make an alternative feeder to a boring bowl.
Each 11 oz., 5” x 6” x 1” pad comes with four rust-proof, stainless steel mounting screws and washers to firmly and safely attach the pads to nearly any solid surface.
The material for this product is extremely durable and will seldom need to be replaced so purchasing for the long haul can be considered a good investment, however how long it will last exactly depends entirely on each individual situation and the animals using it and the frequency of use. We have certainly found in our experience they out last just about any other scratch pad on the market.
For details of how to correctly fit your Scratch’n All please follow the instructions provided on the following link: Correctly fitting your Scratch n All Remember to always fit your scratch pads onto a structurally secure surface.
Please be aware that while we make every effort to ensure the preferred colour is available, there is no guarantee that first colour selected is in stock.